With the start of the academic year underway, we’d like to take the opportunity to reiterate and further clarify some recent improvements we’ve made to Emmanuel’s campus. As a reminder, these changes reflect our ongoing dedication to ensuring the best possible living and learning experience for our students.
Parking on Campus
The College recently updated its parking regulations in an effort to maintain more walking and activity space for students on campus. Changes include:
- Parking is now restricted on the residence hall-side of campus. There is 30-minute parking designated for Campus Safety-authorized drop-offs and deliveries. Please stop at the Campus Safety booth to secure permission to park in a 30-minute drop off/delivery space. Campus Safety will strictly enforce the time limit to ensure sufficient spaces are available.
- All individuals parking on campus are required to have a valid parking tag. Day parking (Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) is restricted to student commuters who live outside Boston/Brookline and employees who have College-issued parking permits.
- Emmanuel students and their guests who wish to park on campus in the evening or on the weekend (Monday through Friday between 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. or noon on Saturday/Sunday) must purchase a single-day parking pass, 24 hours in advance, at the Campus Safety Office (Administration 139). The cost is $10 per day. Campus Safety will issue the single-day pass to guests when they arrive at the booth at the front gate of campus. Parents are also required to be registered (preferably in advance) at which time the parking fee will be waived. These procedures are in place to strengthen the safety of the campus by ensuring visitors are guests of our community members.
Reserving Study Space
In response to student requests, we increased the quantity of open study space on campus. Even better, you can now reserve group study space via our new Emmanuel College student mobile app!
To reserve study space via the app, click on “EC Online Services” then select “Group Study Room Booking.”
Haven’t downloaded the mobile app yet? Search for “Emmanuel College Student App” on either the Apple or Google Play app store to download today!
New Dining Options Available
We’re pleased to announce that the late-night hour dining is now offered in the Muddy River Café! The late-night menu includes student
favorites like chicken fingers and mozzarella sticks. Meal equivalency, Flex Dollars, Fenway Cash and cash are accepted.
The hours of Muddy Late Night are:
- Monday–Thursday: 6:00 p.m.–midnight
- Friday: 6:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 6:00–10:00 p.m.
The Muddy River Café is also open for full service (Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.) and for light service (Monday–Friday: 2:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.).
In addition, in late September we will open Dunkin’ Donuts and Joe Di’s Food Mart, both located on the first floor of the new residence hall. Joe Di’s will be stocked with everything you need for your room or apartment, including hot and cold express meals, soups, grocery items and toiletries, while Dunks will have all of your local favorites available. Flex Dollars, Fenway Cash and cash are accepted at both locations.
Dunkin’ Donuts hours will be:
- Monday–Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Joe Di’s Food Mart hours will be:
- Monday–Thursday 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fitness & Recreation Space
The College now offers two fitness centers, a strength and conditioning center and a dance studio for student use.
- Jean Yawkey Center Fitness Center – Cardio and strengthening equipment (open 6 a.m.–2 a.m.)
- New Residence Hall Fitness Center – Cardio equipment (open 6 a.m.–2 a.m.)
- St. Joseph Hall Strength and Conditioning Center – Athletic training equipment (open when not reserved for team workouts)
- New Residence Hall Dance Studio – (open when not reserved for dance/exercise classes)
Looking for outdoor recreational space? We’ve got you covered there as well. We recently installed a volleyball net behind Loretto Hall in addition to placing more blue and gold Adirondack chairs on the Quad for students to make the most of the final days of summer!